Fall Sports Awards

YHS Girls Field Hockey in a team huddle

Madelyn Herman, Writer

The 2022 fall sports awards took place on Monday, November 14 as a marker of the end of this year’s fall sports season. Various awards and season recaps were given to each sport after many teams this year made it far into playoffs. Awards given out to individuals were the All-Conference (voted on by the coaches within the conference), All-Academic (awarded to seniors who maintained a 93+ average throughout high school), and the Randy Lavigne nominees and winners. 

YHS Football Team October 21st home game (Hannah Eager)

On the football team the all-conference award winners were Matthew Charpentier-1st team OLine/DLine, Christopher Connors-2nd team OLine/DLine, Brody Gullison-2nd team RB, and Benjamin Orso-2nd team LB. One all-academic award was given to Matthew Charpentier. Daniel Collin was the winner of the Randy Lavigne award, which is only given out to two people across multiple teams.

The recipients of the all-conference award for field hockey were Abigail Armlin-1st team, Hadley Cucco-1st team, Abigail Dickson-1st team, and Margaret Hanlon-1st team. Six all-academic awards were awarded to Abigail Armlin, Hadley Cucco, Abigail Dickson, Margaret Hanlon, Harper Howell, and Reese Walenta. Lastly Kristen MacAuley was a nominee for the Randy Lavigne award.

For boys soccer, the winners of the all-conference awards were Noah Gennaro-1st team, and Nicholas Mauro. The all academic winners were Liam Furlong, Noah Gennaro, Nicholas Mauro, and Sean Patch. The Randy Lavigne nominee was Kade Bougue.

The girls soccer recipients of the all-conference awards were Chloe Bourque-1st Team, Madeline Mather-1st Team, and Shea Haseltine-2nd Team. The recipients of the all-academic awards were, Ella Boissoneault, Chloe Bourque, Shea Haseltine, Madeline Mather, Madison Raymond, and Camden White. Kendall Clark was the Randy Lavigne nominee. The Southern Maine Class B Coaches Association All-Stars are Chloe Bourque and Madeline Mather. Finally, Chloe Bourque was recognized by the Western Maine Board of Approved Soccer Officials.

Boys cross country winners of the all-conference awards were Aidan Ring-1st team and Kenneth Hermawan-2nd team. The Randy Lavigne nominee was Owen Spaulding.

On the volleyball team the all-conference award winners were Nora Dowling-1st team, Chloe Slovenski-1st team, and Megan Tully-2nd team. Four all-academic awards were given out to Camryn Gant, Claire Hanson, Gracie Hanson, and Alexandra Reilly. Camryn Gant was nominated for the Randy Lavigne award. 

One all-conference award for golf was awarded to Ryan Cummins, and the Randy Lavigne award nomination was given to Russell Henson.

YHS Girls Cross Country at all New Englands Meet (Hannah Eager)

For girls cross country, the all-conference awards were given to Cary Drake-1st team, Molly Kenealy-1st team, Madelyn Hutchins-2nd team, and Lucy Kocev-2nd team. The two all-academic award winners were Lucy Kocev and Greta Yauch. Greta Yauch was a recipient of the Randy Lavigne award. 

After a high-spirited awards night and good seasons all around, the winter sports season is coming in fast and with high hopes and expectations. Congratulations to all players for an exciting fall sports season!